Warcaster: Neo-Mechanika

Palsta, jossa on tarkoitus keskustella kaikista niistä aiheista, jotka eivät sovellu muihin otsikoihin.
jasca
Viesti:

Warcaster: Neo-Mechanika

Viesti Kirjoittaja jasca »

Privateer press on käynnistämässä kickstartteria Warmachinen scifi versiosta: https://home.privateerpress.com/warcaster/
Merimetsä

Re: Warcaster: Neo-Mechanika

Viesti Kirjoittaja Merimetsä »

Hum. -mildly interested-
“Common sense is not so common.” -Voltaire
“Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so.” ― Bertrand Russell
The Captain
Valvoja

Viesti Kirjoittaja The Captain »

Will ja Will pelaavat Warcasteria.

"Battlebox"-kokoinen peli, eli molemmilla yksi squad, yksi warjack, yksi solo ja yksi Weaver (joka on solo, mutta erikoinen sellainen). Saa ainakin jonkinlaisen tolkun pelin perusmekaniikoista.

Mitään superjännää tai erikoista ei näissä ensimmäisissä startereissa ole estetiikan puolesta - scifi-ukkoja ja scifi-robotteja scifi-pyssyillä. Itse pelin taktiset ulottuvuudet päässevät paremmin esiin isommassa pelissä, mutta näytti tuo ainakin siltä, että alun turpasaunan jälkeenkin on mahdollista päästä vielä peliin mukaan, mikä on aina iso plussa.

Yhdyn edelliseen puhujaan: "mildly interested". Luultavasti aloitussetti ei ole massiivinen rahallinen investointi, jos PP:n edellisistä sisäänheittotuotteista voi mitään päätellä, joten eiköhän tuota tule ainakin kokeiltua.
-Miksi Jeesuksen ja Marian päät loistavat valoa?
-Niillä on suvussa halogeenejä.
The Captain
Valvoja

Kickstartteri on auki (ja rahoittuikin jo).
skullmonkey
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja skullmonkey »

I don't know why anyone would want to back an Infinity/ 40k rip-off that will have little to no players...
Reviving one Venger a turn: 3 focus.
Bringing the whole unit back after your enemy finally kills all of them: Priceless.
The Captain
Valvoja

skullmonkey kirjoitti:
Ke 04.03.2020 23:19
I don't know why anyone would want to back an Infinity/ 40k rip-off that will have little to no players...
People have different preferences when it comes to games. I would ask everyone to respect the diversity of opinions instead of mocking them. I'm positive that there's room for people with different tastes even in such a small group as the Finnish miniature games community.

You know, 15 years ago, Warmachine didn't really have any players in Finland. Then someone got interested, started promoting game, and suddenly it became popular enough to rival 40K in some events. We, the gaming community, decide whether a game will succeed or not. Of course, making negative comments online like you just did will help the game to fail - repeat it enough and people will start believing in it.

If you feel that negativity towards a game you've probably never tried for yourself will somehow benefit you, go ahead. But just as I answered your question, please respond in kind: why the negativity? What's in it for you? I mean, I understand if you're not interested - I'm sure Warcaster won't be for everyone - but surely you can just walk away without trying to alienate others to it, too?

I'm not really interested in Counter-Strike, but I don't go out of my way to ask people on CS forums why they'd want to waste their time and money on a Wolfenstein 3D ripoff.
The Captain
Valvoja

Why I backed Warcaster: Neo-Mechanika:

I like scifi. Especially scifi with robots. I grew up as a child in the 1980s, exposed to such phenomena as Transformers, Robotech, Battletech, etc.

I also love miniatures and miniature games, and I've been a hobbyist for 30+ years. I know I can trust Privateer Press to deliver high-quality metal and resin models that are reasonably easy to assemble and fun to paint. The game seems like it could be good, too. I used to play 40K for ~17 years, but I don't find the present aesthetic style pleasing. Infinity, on the other hand, has never seemed attractive to me from the gameplay perspective. Warcaster could be the scifi game for me. That's why I'm willing to give it a chance.

(As a side note regarding Warcaster being a "ripoff" - scifi armors and mechas predate both 40K and Infinity. The concept of "Space Marines" can be traced back to 1930's pulp fiction. Armored scifi troops with scifi guns appeared in e.g. Star Wars in 1977, 10 years before the first edition of 40K was released. Mecha anime started in the 1960s. There are only so many ways to design a scifi armor that similarities are inevitable. Admittedly, the Marcher Worlds with their blocky rifles, disk-shaped paraphernalia and ochre armor do bear a resemblance to the Tau from 40K. As a game, Warcaster doesn't really resemble 40K or Infinity.)
Lukkimus

Viesti Kirjoittaja Lukkimus »

skullmonkey kirjoitti:
Ke 04.03.2020 23:19
Thank you for the insightful input and message from the future.

In other news, game has potential and we have a good amount of people already investing to it. Stay tuned for tournaments/game days in the future.
Vastaa Viestiin

Palaa sivulle “PP: Yleiset keskustelut”