Finnish WMH Super Series 20/21

Palsta, jossa on tarkoitus keskustella kaikista niistä aiheista, jotka eivät sovellu muihin otsikoihin.
Lukkimus

Finnish WMH Super Series 20/21

Viesti Kirjoittaja Lukkimus »

I said Good Day, Sir!

in order to promote a better competetive meta and more set tournament structure in Finnish WMH meta, I am looking at starting a Finnish WMH Super Series.(Name and most other information are liable to change during the finalization of the process.)

What is it?
Simply put, a series of linked tournaments, 5-6 in number, with a focus on competitive gaming and a place where to show you worth in a comp enviroment. Tournaments would run throught the year, culminating in the summer/spring with a grand final tournament, where the best players will get top play and see who is the boss that year.

Why is it?
I feel like it would be great to have tournaments somewhat set for the year in advance, so that people can plan their participation in advance. Also this would free up spece for goofier/fluffier tournaments in between, which is a thing we have not experienced in a while. Also it would a nice to promote tournaments in the schedule for foreigners who might want to experience the Finnish meta. Also the tournaments would preferably be spaced all around the country so we would have inland traveling between the metas and an even greater sense of community.

How is it?
Organising such an event is a huge task and requires a rare individual to do that. Well, I am not that individual and I am not looking for one. What I am looking for is people in different regions willing to plan ahead and organise a tournament in a spot that will fit into the schedule. These people would organise the tournament and send the results to me and I would upkeep the standings of players. I would also be the one organizing the finals for the series.
I also have some ideas for the future for more collaboration between the tournaments but to keep things simple, I think it would be best to start with just the tournaments.

When is it?
Idea is to run the tournaments within a single season of steamroller, starting from July/August and ending in May/June, depending of schedules. This would not follow the established WTC schedule and that is intetional, as I feel this will better serve WTC selections by giving good data for the selections and being a great sparring event.

So, that is it in all of its unrefined glory. Theres a lot of things to desing, like the points system and such, but before that, I would like to have comments from people and most of all, VOLUNTEERS for setting up the tournamnets.

-Saunis
Lukkimus

Re: Finnish WMH Super Series 20/21

Compilation of Q&A

What size should the tournaments be?
There is not set limit on the size of the tournaments. What we are looking for is tournaments that can grow to accommodate a reasonable increase in players depending on the interest of the series.

Popularity
I am not expecting this to be a success straight out of the gate, but if the league achieves its goal, it will vitalize the competitive scene. The aim is to make this an annual series.

-Saunis
Inexis

Viesti Kirjoittaja Inexis »

Forgot to answer, but I could volunteer here at Helsinki region
Warmachine & Hordes ranking: http://ordoaboensis.fi/wmh-ranking
Lukkimus

Currently we have Tampere and Helsinki agreeing to organize a tournament for the this series. What we are looking for still is atleast third tournament to add to the group.
Vastaa Viestiin

Palaa sivulle “PP: Yleiset keskustelut”