[Turku] WH40k: Duel-Diorama Competition!

Turun peliporukka

Valvoja: Peliporukkavalvojat

Velgar

[Turku] WH40k: Duel-Diorama Competition!

Viesti Kirjoittaja Velgar » Ke 01.08.2018 23:30

Duel-Diorama Competition.jpg
You heard it right. Duel-Diorama Competition. This one will be more hobby-activating and meant to inspire the local players into building and painting their models. Hence the event will be free to participate.

You will have two weeks time to build and paint your dioramas, after which they need be presented to Fantasiapelit Turku, where there will be photoshoot for them and the pictures will be put in Fantasiapelit Turku's Facebook-page for all the public to see and judge for the next two weeks to come. After this the entry that has gained most votes wins.

So in nutshell. Bring your finished diorama to Fantasiapelit Turku before 15.8. 19:00 to enter. After which we will take the photos and post them, at which point the second two weeks will start ticking.

The winner will be presented with a certificate showcasing the wide world of their awesomeness as builders and painters, and their diorama will be used as the advert-benchmark when we'll pull this one up again the next time, making sure that the legacy of the winner will go on at least until the next competition crowns another winner in their stead. That is, if the winner of the current competition can surpass the greatness that is the current advert-benchmark diorama, which I personally highly doubt. I mean, look at it! It's glorious. *_*

Rules are just as simple as mentioned above, but couple of FAQs are in order.

Can I use any GW-base?
Since we are doing this for 40k now, AoS already having had its chance, round-ish bases are more approved than squares. Heck, even AoS contest probably didn't want square-bases. So don't be square. Unless you really have to, but! If you don't have a suitable GW-sanctioned base at hand, but materials to make the rough equivalent of one, you can fix one up from any old plastic or such. We do like our proper Techpriest blessed bases, so if you do have them, use them. You can even build your diorama larger than the base you are using, but the more wobbly the diorama becomes, the less we will take responsibility in the unlikely event it falls over when it shouldn't. We'll be very careful with them otherwise.

Can I use any GW-models in my diorama?
Yes. From grots to Knights, anything goes. But it has to be a diorama. Not just two great-looking miniatures standing on same base. There need be some level of interaction between the models. The more the better.

Can I use non-GW models in my diorama?
This is not GW-sanctioned competition, but some level of loyalty is warranted to them even here. We'd like that most of the models used would be from GW or Forge, but if you bits and pieces from alternative producers, it's okay.

Can I use models that are on separate bases, so that I can use them later without the diorama around them?
Yes. But do take note that having separate bases can look strange on the diorama and it might hurt your scoring when it comes time to vote for the best. But nothing stops you from building your diorama as such that the two models can be taken away from it.

Can I use more than two models?
No. This is a duel. Not battle-diorama. You need to be using two models, but if it is a horde of Nurglings that come as single model... But note that you can't use several different Nurglings even though "you can make a Nurglings-model from several single Nurglings". No. Bad hobbier. No bending the rules.

Can I ask more questions if something comes to my mind, even though there has been already an overwhelming tide of information that has just washed over me?
Sure. Ask away and I will attempt to provide more detail to the best of my abilities.
Jo pieninkin kivi voi aloittaa maanvyöryn, mutta silti suurinkin järkäle voi osua tyhjään.

--

Even the smallest of stones can start an avalanche, but even the greatest of boulders can hit nothing.

Velgar

Re: [Turku] WH40k: Duel-Diorama Competition!

Viesti Kirjoittaja Velgar » Ti 21.08.2018 18:45

Bloody acres... Forgot to mention things here. Completely my bad.

Due to popular demand the deadline for duel-diorama competition was pushed to next Saturday (25th).

Terribly sorry for being a week late with updating this, but hopefully the added days is enough for last moment entries.
Jo pieninkin kivi voi aloittaa maanvyöryn, mutta silti suurinkin järkäle voi osua tyhjään.

--

Even the smallest of stones can start an avalanche, but even the greatest of boulders can hit nothing.

Velgar

Re: [Turku] WH40k: Duel-Diorama Competition!

Viesti Kirjoittaja Velgar » To 30.08.2018 00:01

Well. It was a bittersweet competition, but one has to stand the winner. It also helps if the number of participants is low enough...

Regardless we had the pleasure of forgoing the voting part of the competition and moving straight to announcing the winner. And this years winner is...
*Intense drumroll*

Katri Vanhatalo with the diorama End of Propaganda.

20180828_171258.jpg
A slightly orky take on the situation, but when you got your guys so indoctrinated that they don't stop your yammering to mention that there's a very gleeful looking ork coming up behind you... You kinda deserved what you're getting.

But the Emperor's Angels of Death are ever vigilant.
20180828_171355.jpg
And no matter who is the winner in the end...
20180828_171420.jpg
The mice will dine fine this eve... :D

Congratulations to Katri!

--

Vastaa Viestiin

Palaa sivulle “Turku [Ordo Aboensis]”