IKRPG Short Campaign

Vaasan peliporukka

Valvoja: Peliporukkavalvojat

Impostor

IKRPG Short Campaign

Viesti Kirjoittaja Impostor » Ma 21.04.2014 11:49

Hello!

I've had an idea for a short IKRPG campaign (2-3 sessions), with possibility to continue, if the players will find it interesting.

Since I want to put the emphasis on role playing, and less on overall silliness, I am forced to use a hardcap of 5 players. Please let me know asap about your willingness to participate, best in this thread.

The campaign focuses on a band of Cygnaran deserters, hiding amongst war refugees trying to find shelter in Thornwood forest. That, unfortunately, limits the character creation. I'll lay down the rules:
-Nation of origin - Cygnar or Llael
-Any race available in the core rulebook
-At least 1 career choice must be connected to military. (you can of course negotiate. 'military careers' is a vast term :P )
-You are trying to stay inconspicious. So rather no Heavy Warjacks or Storm Glaives, ok?
-Once you create your character, you stick to it for the rest of the campaign, or until he/she dies.
-Also, no 'amends' to the characters, once we started playing.
-To represent that you are veterans of at least few battles, you start the adventure with 10xp.

The sessions may begin as soon as we have the players, time and place!

Pake
Peliporukkavalvoja
Viesti:

Re: IKRPG Short Campaign

Viesti Kirjoittaja Pake » Ti 22.04.2014 07:45

I'm game!

Naik

Viesti Kirjoittaja Naik » Ti 22.04.2014 08:37

Count me in. A game with sessions much closer together will lessen my newcharacteritis considerably.

I'd also like if the players could discuss a bit about their character consepts before game, so we don't have 5 almost identical consepts or huge gaps in aspects important to the campaing. I don't like playing a dublicate and most of my char changes have been because I felt the group was missing something or that I was playing a dublicate. But that is the gamist player in me, who wants to not lose combats because we had no frontline or ranged game :) And in a game where combat can be lethal and dangerous, it is easier to roleplay a character when one doesn't die constantly.

At the moment I'm thinking a gifted or intellectual ranged human would be the thing for this one.
"eräs sukulaiseni luki trigonometriaa tuntokarvansa lerpalleen ja kun hän oli oppinut kaiken, tuli mörkö ja söi hänet suihinsa."

JMH
Peliporukkavalvoja

Viesti Kirjoittaja JMH » Ti 22.04.2014 18:24

Confirming what we discussed at the club on my and my brother's behalf - ie. we'll be glad to play.
Throw enough dice often enough and eventually you'll get numbers.

Impostor

Viesti Kirjoittaja Impostor » Ti 22.04.2014 19:39

Thanks for the quick responses!

As of now, we have the required 5 players registered!
-Jani
-Mikko
-Juho
-Otto
-Jukka (through private channels :P )

It indeed would be beneficial to the entire campaign, if we talked the characters out beforehand.
I am planning to start the sessions after the 2nd season of the league ends, so we'll manage to have them in rapid succession without significant problems, and without people having to sacrifice their league games.
That means we have a bit over a month to prepare, tune and adjust everything. No sweat!

I am looking forward to seeing what you all come up with!

JMH
Peliporukkavalvoja

Viesti Kirjoittaja JMH » Ti 22.04.2014 22:27

Personally I would prefer to play either a:
- human ranger/rifleman, as a shady scout kind of character or
- iosan arcanist/explorer, as an enigmatic advisor type of character, although I admit this might be stretching the military relation just a bit (although I'm certain I can narrate a back story convincing enough, I'm not exactly sure what the GM has in mind so it'll be up to Mateusz to decide if this would be ok)

So basically pretty much what Mikko had in mind. I'm cool with either, so let's just make sure not to have any overlap and, if others absolutely want to play those roles too, I'm ok with having to think of something else.

Pake
Peliporukkavalvoja
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Pake » Ti 22.04.2014 22:43

Imma gonna use my Exclusive Gorman DiWulfe miniature as my character so I guess he's ok fluff-wise?

Impostor

Viesti Kirjoittaja Impostor » Ti 22.04.2014 23:53

@JMH

The rifleman option sounds very valid, imho. I feel like that advisor guy, even if easily explainable as connected to military (intelligence), wouldnt rather be a deserter. (And that deserter business is, well, vital to the campaign) Still,i am open to suggestions and convincing :p

@Pake

You mean, pirate rogue alchemist? :p Well, if you can support it with some kind of explanation, i see nothing against.

Aaaanyway, there is going to be relatively much combat as well, even if the focus is on role playing. Thats just as a btw.

Pake
Peliporukkavalvoja
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Pake » Ke 23.04.2014 07:51

Impostor kirjoitti:Well, if you can support it with some kind of explanation
He's Gorman DiWulfe! He needs no explanation!

Naik

Viesti Kirjoittaja Naik » Ke 23.04.2014 08:34

The gorman can be a consulting alchemist for trenchers, helping them make smokes and stuff on the field. Then the going got rough and he started going too. Or somesuch hired mercenary who deserted.

If Juho wants that scout sniper, I can either make a gunmage/spy(with pistols, no supersniper) or a sorcerer/something(either a fast ranger/storm sorcerer or a stone sorcerer/knight/man-at-arms) or a priest/knight, this depends alot on what the other 2 want to play. If neither wants a frontliner, I can make something similar to that one knight i tried once.

If juho wants the arcanist, I'll make a intelligent rifleman / some less combaty career, again depending what jukka and otto are thinking.

I'll think more about the background after I get the mechanic I want to play pegged down.
"eräs sukulaiseni luki trigonometriaa tuntokarvansa lerpalleen ja kun hän oli oppinut kaiken, tuli mörkö ja söi hänet suihinsa."

Juike

Viesti Kirjoittaja Juike » Ke 23.04.2014 18:50

I was bouncing an idea around my head about a arcane tempest gunmage rifleman kind of dude/chick. Thinkin Kara Sloan kind of magically imbued bullets wizzing out of nowhere to kill dudes. :)
I'm sorry, I cant hear you over how Awesome I am!

Impostor

Viesti Kirjoittaja Impostor » To 24.04.2014 00:26

I was thinking a bit, and i actually had an epiphany about how i could use a Gifted Elf (apart from it sounding all wrong :p).
So, to make a beta version of rough version of the planned team:
Jani - Rogue merc alchemist / short range shooter (?)
Juho - Iosan Arcanist / token mage, mysterious guy
Mikko - Rifleman, soldier / skirmisher, leaning towards ranged (feel free to disregard this, its my wild guess here)
Jukka - ATGM long gunner /dedicated long range
Otto - ????

Thats how i see it so far. I understand you want to plan your team tactically first, hence the guess on combat roles. I still would like you to get to like your characters as a bit more than meatbags with guns. :p

PS - combat role - "mysterious guy", lel

Naik

Viesti Kirjoittaja Naik » To 24.04.2014 09:05

I'm probably now leaning towards a melee character, after seeing what jukka wants to play. all ranged gets too easily snuffed out by a few competent melee opponents that get to them. So I'll play a dedicated melee guy. And i really hope otto wants to play a char capable in melee :) it depends alot on what he wants to play, what kind of a melee i'll build. an armored defensive linesman if he wants a ranged or a skrimisher. if he wants a heavy dude, i'll make a sorc or priest with a melee career.

After i get the role in combat down, i will create a fitting background and flesh around the skeleton.

JMH
Peliporukkavalvoja

Viesti Kirjoittaja JMH » To 24.04.2014 23:38

Looks good. Asked Otto if he had something on his mind but the answer was 'no'.

Drew up the stats for the "mysterious guy" and ended up with 4 upkeeps (although one of them is the default spell "light"). Anyways, got 1) ctrl 8 rng arm buff +2, 2) hand of fate, add. die on att & dmg, discard lowest and 3) rock wall. Can't go wrong with a rock wall. Just ask the trolls.

As far as skills go, got navigation, medicine, survival, detection and the scholarlies covered. Not a bad idea to have backups though.

Was also first time ever that I had more than enough money to burn in character creation. Even had enough to buy silly things like a bedroll.

Looking forward to round 1!

Naik

Viesti Kirjoittaja Naik » Pe 25.04.2014 10:37

Well if Otto has no strong ideas, he can be persuaded to make the second half for a melee tag team :) don't matter that much what kind of a melee, can even be a combined arms guy. Or what ever he wants to play, i just think that for a balanced team we need more than 1 dude with pointy sticks.

I'm making a human Knight/Investigator, a former cygnaran military police / field intelligence type. Not sure about his archtype yet, mighty or skilled, as I don't know for sure if i want play him as a fast and hard hitting skirmisher or more of a hit taking guy. and skills are not selected, but some investication, detection, sneaking and other stuff.

Impostor

Viesti Kirjoittaja Impostor » Pe 25.04.2014 19:55

Awsum, awsum! I hope we'll get to talk about this all tomorrow! Im glad to see you all so interested!

Naik

Viesti Kirjoittaja Naik » Pe 25.04.2014 22:23

It's me who's been noisy in this thread, but still, nice that people are interested

JMH
Peliporukkavalvoja

Viesti Kirjoittaja JMH » Pe 25.04.2014 23:14

we need more than 1 dude with pointy sticks.
I have a stick. Though it's best thought of not as plan b but more like plan f.

Think Otto went for a rifleman/ranger. I don't think that's a problem.

Won't be at the club tomorrow, only on Sunday for the Vengeance event. You guys have fun though =)

Juike

Viesti Kirjoittaja Juike » Su 27.04.2014 12:16

Thanks to the help of Juho and Mikko, I managed to make my character yesterday at the club.

I am officialy a gunmage rifleman named Bilybob. :)
I'm sorry, I cant hear you over how Awesome I am!

Naik

Viesti Kirjoittaja Naik » La 03.05.2014 22:42

I made an aristocratic skilled knight, Reynar Ashcroft. a combined arms approach with all that monies, being more competent in ass kicking with a greatsword than in gunplay with a carbine.

edit:
The background in a short summary: He is a lesser son of a lesser nobleman. Coming from a loyalist line, he doesn't hold much loyalty to the current king and his cause. But when the call came to help Llael, he answered. After fierce battles the battallion he was in was whittled down and pulled back for reinforcing. After that they would be sent down south to figth other enemies, and this didn't interest him at all. He weaseled his way to be a confidant of the commanding colonel and trying to get an honorable discharge from service. Befor he could manage that, the unit was mostly wiped out when it was ambushed on it's way from the frontlines. Reynar survived this with a bunch of documents signed by the colonel, and as he sees himself to be a volunteer to the army and not wanting to go south, he is "questing" among the refugees and trying to find someone skilled enough to "rediscover" him a document "proving" his release from service.

Vastaa Viestiin

Palaa sivulle “Vaasa [Wasa Wargames Club]”